Before the Festival
- Make sure you know the time, day and location of your performance(s). Performance schedules will be emailed to the registrant approximately 2-3 weeks before Festival. Schedules will also be posted on this website.
- Remember to mark the bars in the left margin of your music score.
On the Big Day
- Arrive and be ready for your class 15 minutes before it begins
- Mark the appropriate page of your selection and give it to the adjudicator’s assistant, in the performance room.
- Photocopied music and speech selections are not allowed as this violates copyright legislation
Respecting Each Other
- Please be quiet once your class has started. The adjudicator will be writing his or her assessment after each performance and will need to concentrate.
- Acknowledge each performance with applause.
- Please eat before your class. No food is allowed in the performance rooms.
- All performance venues have hosts who remain outside the door. They ensure that all competitors are given the chance to have a great performance, so they will not let you in the room while someone is performing.
- It’s against the rules to engage an adjudicator in a conversation about a performance. You will receive a written and verbal assessment of your performance at the end of your class.
And don’t forget…
Changes to performance order can be made only if approved by the Festival Office before the start of the class. Changing the order for one student can sometimes result in a conflict for other students and their accompanists.
Encouraging amateur performing arts in our community.